What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the electronic system you use to request an item through Interlibrary Loan. The name ILLiad can be thought of as an acronym for InterLibrary Loan internet accessible database.
How is ILLiad better than traditional ILL systems?
- You will find it easier to submit your interlibrary loan requests. With ILLiad, you enter your name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of your first request.
- Your request will be handled more rapidly and accurately.
- You can get most of your photocopies through Electronic Delivery.
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time from any location without having to call the ILL Department.
- Library personnel are able to serve you better because all data about your request and its handling is stored in a searchable database. We are able to respond quickly to your inquiries about your request.
Are there any disadvantages to the electronic system?
Some people might find it troublesome to have to log into ILLiad using their NetID and password. With ILLiad, however, you will be able to access all of your requests from one location.
Why do I need to use my UVM NetID and password to use ILLiad?
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your interlibrary loan requests and to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
Which Web browser should I use?
We recommend the current versions of either Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Is security a problem if I use a public workstation in the library?
No, because you are logging into ILLiad using UVM's own authentication system, called Shibboleth, that is used throughout campus to protect your privacy. When using a public workstation in the library, all of your history, cookies, and other log-in credentials are wiped from the system each time you close out of your browser.
If you use a workstation elsewhere off-campus, this may not be true.
Why don't I see all of my older requests when I look at my request history?
Almost all requests prior to August 23, 2010 are not in ILLiad. Furthermore, from time to time we purge older records from ILLiad.
What is electronic delivery?
Many libraries ship articles to us as PDFs. You will be able to access these through your ILLiad account. You can read more about electronic delivery on the Electronic Delivery Information page.
Who do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
Contact the InterLibrary Loan Office at (802)656-2242 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org